//Milkandmookies

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said on <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>
Mini Bun-buns

Tuesday 15 March 2011 @ 17:00 | 15 Comments

Rah. Heyhey. I'm currently typing this post in my tracksuit bottoms and hoody. Luckily today is my day off work but i am feeling soooo rough. I'm coming down with a cold booo! I can't breathe through my nose and my throat hurts like crazy. Not only that but my wisdom tooth is persisting on ripping through my gums. Why do humans have to grow so many teeth? Anyway, enough of the complaining. Its definitely nothing compared to whats happening in Japan. My prayers are with all the people and their families. Please donate as much as you can to the Red Cross, in order to help with the crisis.
I followed this recipe according to Milly's post. Her baking posts always look so delicious and elegant and i always want to try them out straight afterwards! This recipe is so simple, yet so scruptious. It's great with the ole afternoon cuppa. They obviously don't look as good as Milly's but they tasted yummy to me! She also has a little Cupcake Corner on the blog, with photos of her baked goods, which always look so prestine like the ones you see in the shop!

Ingredients
Makes 12-16 buns
 
8oz Self Raising Flour
4oz Butter, Softened
4oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg
Oats and Brown Sugar (optional)
Jam Filling
(i also used Peanut Butter and Nutella fillings)

1. Whizz the flour and butter together until it becomes a breadcrumb like texture. 
2. Add in the egg slowly and combine together into a soft dough. If it's a little dry, you can loosen it with a little dash of milk.
3. Take small sections of the dough and roll them into a ball between your hands.
4. (optional step) Roll them into brown sugar and oats to give it a lovely outer coating.
5. Arrange them on a well floured baking tray, leaving enough room between the buns to spread.
6. Indent a little hole, halfway down, in the centre of each ball (with the back end of a wooden spoon or a chopstick)
7. Carefully add in the filling.
8. Bake the buns for 10-12 minutes on 180C.

Sorry, I'm going to have to keep this short and sweet! I'm going to crawl back into my bed with some honey and lemon, and settle down and watch some movies. I've already watched Dear John. The beginning was sweet, but it just went all downhill from there. I swear, Chick flicks are getting worse and worse. Its a shame, because they're my favourites for days in!

Love you all!
x

Labels: ,

15 Comments

About Me

Hiiii. I'm Anna and welcome to my little online space.


Clickables


Follow Milk & Mookies

Follow Me on Pinterest


Let's Talk!


Credits

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn