//Milkandmookies

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said on <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>
COOK: Gooey Chocolate Cherry Cookies

Saturday 12 February 2011 @ 12:30 | 6 Comments

Hey! Hows everyone's weekend going so far? The weekends are never long enough! Is anyone romanticising away for Valentines weekend? So far, i got my boy a silly card customised by Moonpig. It was my first time using them, the card came in the day after i ordered them, so that was pretty good. I haven't bought him anything though (well actually i did, but he went off and bought it for himself when i told him beforehand not to buy anything just in case i've already bought it for him *sigh, never listens lol). Theres so much crap in the shops for valentines day, who really need that many teddies and chocolates? I've never been a fan of flowers either, mainly cos they die pretty quick, so in my eyes, they're a bit useless. And for £1 a rose, thats wayyy too much to spend. My uncle once bought his girlfriend 99 roses for v day O___O. £99 on flowers? wtf moment! I sound like such a pessimist lol.
Anyway! Back to the point of this post! I stayed round my bestie's yesterday, and we thought it would be nice to bake something for our boys for Valentines. My bf is not a cakey person, so once again, I resorted to baking him some cookies! We were naughty and nibbled on them, but refrained ourselves from eating the rest :P This recipe is from the bbcgoodfood website, one of my favourite recipe sites to use. They're so yummy, and i just love soft, chewy cookies. Hopefully my bf will appreciate the gesture! You can alter the recipe to your taste, we used two types of galaxy chocolate =) nomnom.

Ingredients:
  • 200g unsalted butter , at room temperature
  • 85g light muscovado sugar
  • 85g golden caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 225g self-raising flour
  • 50g plain chocolate , 50-70% cocoa, roughly chopped
  • 50g white chocolate , roughly chopped
  • 85g natural colour glacé cherries , roughly chopped
1. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Beat the butter, sugars and egg until smooth, then mix in the flour, chocolates and cherry pieces and ½ tsp salt. Spoon onto non-stick baking sheets in large rough blobs - you'll get 20 out of this mix. Make sure they are well spaced as the cookies grow substantially as they bake. The raw dough can be frozen.
2. Bake for 12-14 mins until just golden, but still quite pale and soft in the middle. If baking from frozen, give them a few mins more. Cool on the sheets for 5 mins, then lift onto racks with a fish slice and leave to cool completely. 
 
If you want to make it a little more lovely, you can use a heart shape cookie cutter and use it after you take it out of the oven. Just make sure you do it before they harden too much!
I'm hoping to buy some lush bath bombs, they suggest that you should be economical and share a bath with someone else ;). Haven't got too much planned to be honest, apart from me and friends are planning to go Nandos for some chickeennn. Mainly because some of them have never tried it! It shocks me. They have not lived. Haha! I Joke I Joke. OH. And i've reach 50 followers! Thank you so much guys! *tear* Love you all! Have a wonderful weekend! lovelove.
 
 

Labels: ,

6 Comments

About Me

Hiiii. I'm Anna and welcome to my little online space.


Clickables


Follow Milk & Mookies

Follow Me on Pinterest


Let's Talk!


Credits

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn