//Milkandmookies

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said on <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>
COOK: The Hummingbird Bakery's Peanut Butter Cookies

Monday 10 January 2011 @ 19:47 | 9 Comments

Ahh. Sorry! My posting is getting worst >_<. I've been busy seeing everyone before they leave me for uni :(. I'm also interning this week, so by the time i get home, it's all dark and cold and all i want to do is get into bed and snuggle down with a book. I'm going to try and read as many books as possible this year. I thought it would help me for when i go back to education. Taking a gap year seriously leads you to get a little lazy! At the moment, I'm reading The Baker's Apprentice by Judith Hendricks. I've only read the first chapter, but so far so good.

Over the weekend, i decided to finally whip out my new electric whisk, and try out a recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery's Cookbook. I prefer cakes myself, but my family doesn't really eat cakes, so i always feel like it's a bit of a waste. So i wanted to try one of their cookie recipes, because my boy is very fond of cookies [and he's not a cake lover either :(] They were sooo goood. I only used half the dough, because the recipe makes 24 cookies in total! I would had cut half the ingredients in the recipe, but i've heard that by doing that, it ruins the results? Iunno. It doesn't really matter, because you can freeze the dough that you don't use, and pull it out another time. Anyways! Down to the recipe...

Peanut Butter Cookies
Taken from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.

Ingredients:
225g Unsalter Butter, Room Temp
200g Caster Sugar
200g Soft Light Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
240g Crunchy Peanut Butter
340g Plain Flour
2 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
75g Dark Chocolate, Chopped
 4 Baking Trays, lined with greaseproof paper.

1. Preheat oven to 170C, Gas 3. Fan assisted ovens lower the temp by 10-20C.
2. Mix the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy with a handheld electric whisk, or an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl.
4. Turn the mixer down to a slow speed and beat in the vanilla and peanut butter.
5. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt gradually. Mix well until a smooth dough is formed. 
6. Stir in the chocolate until evenly dispersed.
7. Arrange 6 equal amounts of cookie dough on each prepared baking tray. Spread them apart to allow the cookies to spread whilst baking.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and quite flat.
9. Leave the cookies to cool slightly on the trays before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies should be nicely soft and chewy.

Off course, you can alter this to suit your taste. I thought the cookies could had been a bit more crunchy. So next time, i might add in peanuts (and up the amount of choccy!) for some ompppff. I found the cookies tasted much better when they're bigger, so be generous when you arrange them on the baking tray!
These taste great with a glass of milk, hot or cold! But being the tea lover that i am, i opted to dip my cookies in my usual cuppa tea. (Lmao, you can see my tea marks on the side of my mug, obviously couldn't wait to drink it!)
So much for eating healthy! Such a failll. >__<. Thank you for all the comments on my blog posts! Much Love! xx

Ps:
LOL. Naassttyyy.
 

Labels: , ,

9 Comments

About Me

Hiiii. I'm Anna and welcome to my little online space.


Clickables


Follow Milk & Mookies

Follow Me on Pinterest


Let's Talk!


Credits

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn