//Milkandmookies

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said on <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>
COOK: OREO TRUFFLES

Wednesday 29 December 2010 @ 17:30 | 14 Comments

[O] Hello all! I hope everyone had a lovely christmas break! I spent christmas day opening presents and filming my little sister's second ever christmas. She's so spoilt. All the presents under the tree were basically for her, but i guess christmas is really for children. My sister loves books, so i bought her a load of learning ones from The Works. If you're looking for cheap books, definitely have a look at their store (I bought like 6 books for £15). I'll probably regret getting her books because she would most likely make me read each and every one to her, back to back. I then went up to my uncle's house and had hotpot and watched christmas movies and played games with my cousins.
[O] The rest of the christmas break i spent with my boyfriend. The boxing day morning, we went to see the new Gulliver's Travels movie at my local cinema, for free i might add. If you register to showfilmfirst, they will send you emails where you get the opportunity to get free tickets to previews of up and coming movies. You pick cinemas that are near to you, and whenever there are any screenings, showfilmfirst will email you with a code where you can claim your free tickets. You have to be quite quick though, because they go really fast. If you have twitter, you can follow them, where they update it regularly.
[O] I stayed at my boyfriend's for the last few days, so have been neglecting my regular blog reading. I need to catch up >__<, i apparently have 172 blog posts to read. I've been naughty and gave into COD, and am starting to get a little addicted. I'm no way good at it though. My kills are still far less than my deaths haha!

Before christmas, i learnt how to make these amazingly simple Oreo Truffles. It's so simple that even I was able to make these, and my baking etc, never ever comes out right...but these did! And they taste soooo goood, and i'm not really a big fan on chocolate! These would be nice to make as a present, and you could even bring them to the New Year's party this year!
  Recipe from allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 448g OREO Sandwich Cookies.
  • 224g PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened.
  • 454g Good quality chocolate (i used plain, milk and white for variation.
Instuctions 
 
1. Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
2. Refridgerate for approximately an hour, so that the balls are easier to handle when dipping in the chocolate. 
3. Dip balls in chocolate in a shallow bowl (using two forks, roll the ball around); place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. 
4. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator. 
 
I altered the recipe a little from reading the comments. Refridgerating it before dipping it in the chocolate will prevent the ball from crumbling. I added a few drops of vanilla extract to the cookie mixture. You can experiment by maybe adding mint, almond, orange etc. You could even try it with chilli flavoured chocolate. The possibilities are endless! I used leftover chocolate from each and dripped them on top of the truffles to make them a little prettier. I also used some dessicated coconut as a topping.

NOMNOM!

I got the Hummingbird Bakery Book as a present. I've been wanting it for ages, and now i can try the recipes out for myself! And i finally bought myself a handheld electric whisk. I think this will make a big difference to my not so good baking...hopefully. =P
 
Lovelove, x
ps. Thank you all for following!


Labels: , , ,

14 Comments

About Me

Hiiii. I'm Anna and welcome to my little online space.


Clickables


Follow Milk & Mookies

Follow Me on Pinterest


Let's Talk!


Credits

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn